Here is a list of events happening Feb. 1-3 at the West Lafayette campus.
Friday, Feb. 1
- Chili cook-off and bake sale. Benefit for Habitat for Humanity sponsored by ITaP. 11:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. University Church, 320 North St. Minimum $5 donation for chili, crackers, drink. Bake sale items at $1 each.
- Swimming and diving (men and women) vs. Minnesota and Wisconsin. 6 p.m.
- Mock Indian wedding. Purdue Student Union Board. 7 p.m. South Ballrooom, PMU. Limited seating. 49-48976 or www.union.purdue.edu/psub.
- Swing Dance at Elliott. Lab and Concert Jazz Bands & American Musical Repertory Ensemble. 7:30 p.m. Elliott Hall of Music stage. 49-66785 or email@example.com.
Saturday, Feb. 2
- Outreach event will showcase the benefits of working at Purdue and to provide information on applying for a position. The session will feature a brief overview of Purdue and the employment process.; current staff members’ experiences at the University; resume critiques; and mock interviews with Human Resource Services representatives. 9-11 a.m. Second Baptist Church, 2925 S. 18th St. Lafayette. For more information, visit the Diversity Task Force Web site at www.purdue.edu/treasurer/diversity/events.shtml or contact Human Resource Services at 496-1828.
- Ag Alumni Fish Fry. 11:30 a.m. luncheon. Speaker: Andrew Card, former White House chief of staff, on “Managing Amidst Crisis.” Toyota Blue Ribbon Pavilion, Indiana State Fairgrounds, Indianapolis. Advance tickets only: $20; 49-48593 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also at 9:30 a.m.: Ag Forecast. Discussion of agriculture and agribusiness issues. Free. Old National Bank Grand Hall, Indiana State Fairgrounds.
- Swimming and diving (men and women) vs. Minnesota and Wisconsin. Noon. Also, women only vs. Illinois.
- College Bowl. Purdue Student Union Board. Noon-4 p.m. Stewart Center. Purdue competition to advance to regionals. 49-48976 or www.union.purdue.edu/psub.
- Margery Williams’ “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Enchantment Theatre Company. Convocations, Family Adventures. 3 p.m. Loeb. $14-$10.
- Purdue University Galleries. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, plus Thursday until 8 p.m.; 1-5 p.m. Sunday. 49-67899 or email@example.com or www.purdue.edu/galleries. Two exhibitions through Feb. 17. “Insights into Suburbia.” Juried exhibition of 55 works in various media by 27 contemporary women artists. National Association of Women Artists and the Opalka Gallery of the Sage Colleges, Albany/Troy, N.Y. Robert L. Ringel Gallery, PMU. “60 Square Inches: 16th Biennial North American Small Print Competition.” Purdue Galleries, competition host. Stewart Center Gallery.
- Rueff Galleries, Pao Hall. Patti and Rusty Rueff Department of Visual and Performing Arts; Purdue University Galleries. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. 49-62958. Jan. 22-Feb. 1: “PLUSHED: art gone soft.” From artists working as part of a contemporary “do-it-yourself” craft revolution. Focusing on handmade toys. Jan. 22-Feb. 1: “Fashion Forward: Selections from the Purdue University Division of Theatre Special Collection of Historic Dress.” Developments of apparel technology and fashion design from the 1860s to the present.
- Libraries — Archives and Special Collections. “Snowflakes and Icicles: Winter Scenes of Campus.” Photographs. 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Room 279, STEW. Through Feb. 27. www.lib.purdue.edu/spcol/snowflakes/
- John Purdue Room Lunch Special. This week: Potage au Pistou & Pork Roulade with Bleu Cheese & Spinach. To access the menu: www.cfs.purdue.edu/htm/about/restaurants.shtml