Dr. Nizam received his medical degree from University of Aleppo in Syria. He completed a residency in Internal Medicine at Prince George’s Hospital Center in Cheverly, Maryland and completed a fellowship in Endocrinology at University of Florida. He has been an investigator in numerous clinical trials and previously served as an Assistant Professor of Medicine at University of Florida.
Dr. Nizam is board certified by the American Board of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
He has a special interest in treating thyroid diseases, adrenal and pituitary disorders, osteoporosis and calcium disorders, and the prevention and management of diabetes.
Indiana University Health Arnett Endocrinology providers treat problems associated with the body’s hormonal system. Some of these include diabetes, osteoporosis, thyroid disease and other glandular problems.
- Bone densitometry
- Calcium metabolism
- Childhood diabetes and thyroid disease
- Cholesterol Treatment Program
- Diabetes insipidus
- Diabetes management of all types – pregnancy, Type 1 and Type 2
- Infusion therapy for osteoporosis
- Group visits for diabetes and diabetes of pregnancy, known as Medical Shared Visits
- Insulin pumps and glucose sensor expert
- Osteoporosis diagnosis and management
- Pituitary gland disorders
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Thyroid disease, cancer, biopsy and ultrasound
Dr. Nizam will see patients at IU Health Arnett Medical Offices – 2600 Ferry Street, Lafayette, IN 47904. For more information call 765.474.MYMD or 866.377.MYMD.