LAFAYETTE-WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Here are the latest snow related closings, cancellations and delays for Greater Lafayette, Indiana.
Wednesday, Febraury 2
- Benton Community Schools closed due to the weather.
- Tippecanoe School Corporation schools will be closed.
- Lafayette Catholic School System schools will be closed. Catholic Schools Week Mass is cancelled and will not be rescheduled.
Tuesday, February 1
- Purdue Employee Federal Credit Union (PEFCU): Due to hazardous road conditions created by wintry mix, and forecasted blowing and drifting snow, all Purdue Federal Credit Union branches in Lafayette-West Lafayette will close at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, February 1. Credit union members may access their accounts online at www.purdueefcu.com.
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc. (SIA) – Due to weather conditions, SIA is cancelling 2nd and 3rd shift production today, February 1, 2011, with the exception of 2nd shift Subaru Materials Receiving and 3rd shift Maintenance Associates who should report to work at the start of their normal shift. In addition, all Group Leaders and Managers as well as Administrative Associates should report to work if possible. Prior to reporting to work tomorrow, SIA Associates should call the SIA Plant Status line at 449-6333 or 1-800-884-4121 or log onto www.my-sia.net for current plant status notifications.
- Wea Ridge Baptist Church: Due to weather conditions and forecast weather conditions we are canceling ALL services, events and activities Tuesday February 1 and Wednesday February 2. This includes Youth Ignite, AWANA, and Bible Study-Prayer Meeting.
- CityBus is operating the weekday, no Purdue classes schedule. This means that regular routes are operating the same schedule operated during Purdue break service. (Route 8 does not operate, 23 Wabash Trolley operates the black line.)
- Campus Loops are not operating, and neither are the Campus Suites or College Station routes, due to the closure of Purdue University.
As the next wave of weather comes in today, be aware that significant delays or service disruptions are likely.
- Miller Child Learning Center at Purdue University is closed
- All Lafayette School Corporation (LSC) schools will be closed on Tuesday, Feb 1.
- Village Nursery School, PIT, and Stay & Play will be closed on Tuesday.
- Ivy Tech campuses in Lafayette, Crawfordsville and Monticello, and the campus library, will be closed on Tuesday, February 1.
- All schools in the Benton Community School Corporation will be closed Tuesday, February 1 due to the weather.
- Lafayette Catholic School System Schools are closed on Tuesday, February 1
- Tippecanoe School Corporation (TSC) will be closed on Tuesday, February 1.
- CityBus is warning of delays likely Monday night (1/31) and Tuesday (2/1); however, CityBus plans to operate all services on Tuesday.
- Purdue University Police are asking students to remove their vehicles from the main streets around campus – especially Martin Jischke Drive, First, Third and University streets and roadways surrounding residence halls. These roads will become emergency snow removal routes from noon Tuesday (2/1) until noon Thursday (2/3). Purdue University Residences has opened the McCutcheon Hall garage to make room for students needing off-street parking. A gravel lot off Nimitz Drive on the south end of campus also will be made available for students who live in that area and need off-street parking. Locations for parking and snow removal routes will be posted.
Monday, January 31
- Ivy Tech in Lafayette, Crawfordsville and Monticello will close at 5:30 p.m. on Monday, January 31. All evening classes are canceled.
This list will be updated and new information becomes available.