WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Purdue University will award degrees at five campuses and seven College of Technology locations throughout Indiana during commencement ceremonies in May.
Commencement at the West Lafayette campus is scheduled for May 15-17 at Elliott Hall of Music. An estimated 5,792 degrees will be presented in four ceremonies that weekend, including 4,423 undergraduate degrees, 223 professional degrees, 795 master’s degrees and 351 doctoral degrees.
Purdue President France A. Córdova will address graduates at each ceremony. The ceremonies will feature two large video screens above the Elliott Hall stage. The screens will display a close-up image of each graduate receiving his or her diploma.
A live feed of the ceremonies also will be available online at mms://video.dis.purdue.edu/graduation. This link will not become active until May 11.
Each graduation candidate is guaranteed four tickets to the commencement. Candidates can request up to two additional tickets; however, extra tickets are not guaranteed. Doors open to guests 90 minutes prior to the ceremony.
The ceremonies for the West Lafayette campus are:
- May 15. 8 p.m. Colleges of Liberal Arts and Science. Lauren M. Mioton of New Orleans, who will receive a bachelor’s degree from the College of Science, will provide the class response.
- May 16. 9:30 a.m. Colleges of Education and Engineering, and the School of Veterinary Medicine. Marriner H. Merrill of Provo, Utah, who will receive a doctorate degree from the College of Engineering, will provide the class response.
- May 16. 2:30 p.m. Colleges of Agriculture and Consumer and Family Sciences, and the School of Pharmacy, Nursing and Health Sciences. Kelly L. McMains of Indianapolis, who will receive a bachelor’s degree from the College of Pharmacy, Nursing and Health Sciences, will provide the class response.
- May 17. 9:30 a.m. School of Management and the College of Technology. Laura E. Kightlinger of Indianapolis, who will receive a bachelor’s degree from the School of Management, will provide the class response.
Commencement videos for each school will be available. A DVD costs $30, and order forms are available at Stewart Center’s Loeb Playhouse box office, by calling (765) 494-3933 or visiting http://www.purdue.edu/registrar/commencement. Order forms can be submitted both before and after each commencement ceremony.
Commencement times and locations at other Purdue campuses are:
- Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne. 7 p.m. May 13 at the Memorial Coliseum and Exposition Center, where 760 Purdue degrees will be conferred.
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. Degrees will be awarded on May 10 in two ceremonies in Halls A-B-C of the Indiana Convention Center. The first ceremony, at 10 a.m., will include the schools of Dentistry, Education, Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Informatics, Law-Indianapolis, Medicine, Nursing, Physical Education and Tourism Management, Public and Environmental Affairs, Social Work, and the University Graduate School. The second ceremony, at 3 p.m., will include the Kelley School of Business, Continuing Studies, Engineering and Technology, Herron School of Art and Design, Journalism, Liberal Arts, Library and Information Science, and Science.
- Purdue Calumet. 1:30 p.m. May 17 at the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville, where 662 Purdue degrees will be conferred.
- Purdue North Central. 7 p.m. May 18 in the Athletics-Recreation Center at Valparaiso University, where 307 degrees will be conferred.
College of Technology commencements at locations around the state are:
- Anderson/Muncie. 2 p.m. May 16 at the Anderson University Flagship Center, 2701 Enterprise Drive, where 17 degrees will be conferred.
- Columbus/Greensburg. 6 p.m. May 12 at Columbus Learning Center, where 22 degrees will be conferred.
- Kokomo. 6 p.m. May 13 at Havens Auditorium, Indiana University at Kokomo, where 32 degrees will be conferred.
- Indianapolis. 9:30 a.m. May 17. Elliott Hall of Music, where two degrees will be conferred with a West Lafayette campus ceremony.
- Lafayette. 2 p.m. May 9 in Stewart Center’s Fowler Hall, where 77 degrees will be conferred.
- New Albany. 6 p.m. May 14 at the Ogle Center Auditorium, Indiana University Southeast, where 30 degrees will be conferred.
- Richmond. 6:30 p.m. May 15 at the Vivian Auditorium in Whitewater Hall at Indiana University East, where 30 degrees will be conferred.
- South Bend/Elkhart. 6:30 p.m. May 11 at Riverside Terrace, 426 Lincoln Way East, Mishawaka, where 28 degrees will be conferred.