Lafayette Restaurants |

220 Columbia Street, Lafayette, Indiana, 47901
Phone: 765-742-6100

Cuisine: Korean, Thai, Japanese, Pan-Asian, Sushi
Address: 220 Columbia Street, Lafayette, Indiana, 47901
Phone: 765-742-6100
Reservations: Accepted, but not required
Hours: Mon-Sat 11:30a-2:00p (Lunch); Mon-Thurs, Sun 5:00p-10:00p (Dinner); Fri-Sat 5:00p-11:00p (Dinner)

Located right on the Courthouse Square in historic Downtown Lafayette, Indiana, Bea One is a hip Pan Asian restaurant and lounge featuring sushi, various Asian dishes and a full bar. It’s an easy walk from West Lafayette via the pedestrian bridge over the Wabash River, and there is plenty of parking in nearby parking garages and on the street.

20 Responses to “Bea One Korean Cuisine and Bar”

1. kerisa says:

Such friendly service! Atmosphere had great ambiance great place for date night or great conversation if u want good sushi with good service definitely try here! The Ecuador role was fabulous! Fresh seafood and flash fry options as well two thumbs up

2. Rick McGlothlin says:

Not sure about the earlier experiences posted from back in 2007, but things have obviously changed.

I stopped in on a whim with a life-long friend who wanted to try something different while she was in town. Having lived in Korea, Japan and the Phillipines over a 20-year period while in the military, I love this type of food. So if you just want a change-of-pace or really enjoy asian cuisine like I do, Bea One is worth trying.

Food is excellent, plenty to fill you up – but not make you feel you need rolling out to the car. :) Ample selection of beverages (though the bar was being refurbished at the time, so we didn’t get to have a cocktail, but that was fine) and Anna was fantastic.

She went above and beyond what 99% of those in other eateries might do, including moving us to a larger table that was available, making sure we knew how the hot top worked to our satisfaction and even going through and explaining to my dinner guest about the types of foods we were ordering.

Anna’s at the top of my list when it comes to customer service and assistance, and she helped make the meal and the time spent with my friend all the more pleasant.

Thanks again Anna – and I’ll definitely be back to Bea One in the future.

3. rcriii says:

Ate here while in town. Service was prompt and friendly. Food (Bi-Bim-Bap and Bea One roll) was good. Atmosphere was light and upbeat. Only complaint is that my table was sticky. Recommended.

4. Jason says:

All I can say is wow!!! I can’t believe how such an excellent restaurant could be found in the middle of Indiana! The ambiance was welcoming, great for a date night. The service matched – employees seem to really care about their customers. We were greeted and treated by the manager herself. The food speaks for itself. I went there not expecting anything, but came out completely satisfied. I admit, it’s a bit pricey, but it’s worth it. I’ll be back soon!!!

5. Brian B. says:

The food was OK. The service was not good. I too understand that sushi takes a while, but drinks and a check at the end of the night? Also it was cold enough in the building I had to wear a coat the entire time.

6. Maddy says:

Great food and drinks.

7. rick says:

The food is outstanding.
    The service is a bit lacking, but I agree that sushi food is slow to come. Did I say the food is outstanding?

8. amy says:

Service is definitely always slow, so don’t expect a quick lunch hour! But the food is fantastic!

9. Sharon says:

Wow! Look at all these bad reviews! What happened? Anyway, the last time I went to Bea One was… about 2 weeks ago? I didn’t think it was that bad. We had a server named Nicole. She was great! The martini was too strong for me, but of course my boyfriend liked it.

We ordered bibimbop and some rolls… and they were all very satisfying and great!

I decided to drop some few lines, honestly because I didn’t want people to NOT try this place because of the last few bad comments about them.

This is amazing place. Absolutely delicious. You should give it a try before anything. Seriously, we need more places like this in Lafayette. I’m so sick of same ol’fried, greasy, un-inspiring food that’s everywhere.

So if you want to try Bea One, try to go there a little early. Don’t walk in around the busiest time and expect everything to be perfect.

10. Frances says:

Every time I go here, it takes forever to get waited on! I keep going back because the food is wonderful.

11. Terry says:

I love the food at Bea One and hope everyone tries the food at least once. The service is a bit slower but sushi takes time. The menu is a very eclectic mix and requires time to prepare. I’m a new regular!

12. Kyle says:

DO NOT go here! First off, their website says they are open 11:30-2:00 pm on Saturdays and their door even says they are open 11:30-2:00 pm on Saturdays, but when I went, they were closed. When I called to ask about it, all they said was that they aren’t open for Saturday lunches in a tone that I should have known this. Perhaps a sign saying you are closed or updating your store and website would help. Secondly, I received a $25 gift card as a prize in the contest. They failed to mention it expired in a month, so I was unable to use my winnings. I called to see if I could get an extension or maybe a penalty charge of like 10-20% for using the expired gift card, but they were unwilling to compromise or work with me. They have provided horrible customer service over the phone and have not been sympathetic to customer’s needs. I can only imagine what the service is like inside the restaurant. I haven’t tried the food and I never will. They have lost this customer and I never even made it in the door. Trust me, there are better places to go in the Greater Lafayette area that will treat you right and probably have better food too.

13. Melanie says:

The first time we went there, we waited a good 10 minutes for the staff to notice us and seat us. The table was sticky like someone had spilled pop and no-one cleaned it up, it was cave dark in there. We wanted to order a some spider rolls and shrimp tempura rolls, but the waitress insisted that there was a roll that was a combination of the two and she was sure it would feed the both of us. It was a bit on the pricey side, but hey this was going to be a treat. After ordering we waited over a hour for our food at which point was sub-par and not enough to feed us.

A couple months later I decided to give it another shot and I went in around lunchtime and waited 15 minutes for the hostess to see me at which point she said, “Oh we stopped seating a half an hour ago.” This was an hour and a half before close! I am never going back!

We go to Asahi for our sushi fix now. It’s less pricey, is a better grade of food, and the service is better. So, the decor at Asahi is a bit tacky… it’s still worth it.

14. Glenda says:

Friends and I attempted to celebrate a birthday with dinner and drinks at Bea One Friday evening. We were told it’d be a 30 minute wait to get a table so we went to the bar for martinis. The bartender was new and alone so I never go the 2nd drink that I ordered and eventually we all sat at the bar with empty drinks for a long time. We waited over an hour for a table and finally tried to check with the hostess but she never came back to the hostess station. There was a crowd already there waiting and many of the crowd said that they had made reservations and been standing there for 20-30 minutes and had still not been greeted by the hostess. Both the hostess and bartender seemed to be overwhelmed so it was amazing to us that the manager was sitting at the end of the bar the entire time, doing nothing to help. I finally complained to the manager about our wait and lack of drinks, and she seemed indifferent to the poor service and like I was crazy for complaining, so we decided we’d go elsewhere.

15. mike b says:

we heard nothing but good things before we ate dinner at bea one, but our experience was one of the worst dining experiences we ever had because- the tea was served luke warm, we asked if it could be heated up and the waitress said “oh, it must have gotten cold because of the metal tea pot”. It was a gross ginger tea that was pre-sweetened and they couldn’t offer any other options… what kind of asian restaurant doesn’t brew their own tea or have more tea options? One of us ordered a steak dish with portobello mushrooms, which seemed to be soaked in something for weeks, since they were so salty in some dark sauce they couldnt be eaten. One of us ordered a curry dish, which turned out to be a lot like a nasty soup. Overall, it was just gross food and poor service…

16. Mariana says:

I’ve been to every restaurant in Lafayette and I have to say the chef at Bea One is the best.

17. Jimmy Tucker says:

I went to Bea One while at Purdue all the time. After returning I was happy to see the same sushi chef because he is amazing both in presentation and taste. Unfortunately all the staff had changed including Minah (manager). The food was still tastey but it wasn’t the same with out Minah.

18. Jean says:

Yes. You wouldn’t imagine there would be a restaurant on Columbia St. when you drive or walk by BeaOne, because unlike other restaurants the only hint you’d get of BeaOne is just a door that says BeaOne. I went to Bea One because one of my Purdue friend had a birthday party there. Excellent service. The sushi came out a little after our kitchen entrees. I think it was because we ordered two gigantic sushi boats. The presentation was gorgeous. Then after the whole meal, two servers came into our room with drums asked my friend to have a Sake bomb for his birthday. It was definitely a birthday party that we would never forget. Anyway, BeaOne. Check it out for yourself. If I were you, I would definitely go back again and again.

19. David says:

Our server was very pleasant and accomodating, but seemed totally untrained. She brought a different wine to our table than what we ordered. Our appetizer was served after entree. Our table was dirty and my leather-soled shoes stuck to the floor. The whole place seemed totally unmanaged. Salmon was dreadful. Vegetables were okay. I couldn’t get out fast enough. Will NEVER return.

20. Sandra Parr says:

My first dining experience at Bea One was on Valentines Day. I found the cuisine to be unique and interesting. The sushi was top quality and the bar offered drink options. Although they were very busy, service was friendly and the ambiance is welcoming and warm. We had reservation and waited for about 15 minutes, but since it was Valentine’s Day it was understandable.

If you’re looking for a great place for a quiet dinner or meeting, Bea One offers the perfect setting.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks